Additional Sharp Zaurus SL-Cx "Must Have" Software
The following are additional software packages that I consider are "must have" applications and utilities that help make the SL-Cx a serious machine.... My initial list is at SL-Cx "must have" software
- Keyhelper Applet:   Great piece of software that allows you to remap keys, create "sticky" shift, launch applications, and a whole lot more. Go here for an excellent tutorial.
- Soks - a ruby wiki. More info here
- Timetablez - a time table app, see pics here
- U-Bahn Navigator - nice piece of software for subway networks... Multiple maps available, sample screen shots here
- Sharp MusicPlayer 2.0 - some nice improvements, sample screen shots here
- Yahtzee - Java applet, sample screenshots here
- Car Mileage Calculator - sample screenshots here
- QuackNews - a Java RSS aggregator that downloads feeds and converts into HTML files.... Use the installed web browser to view the created files. See sample screenshots here
- Fetchmail/Procmail/Pine/Msmtp alternative e-mail setup.
- Corsair, and Keroplayer for using rss and podcasting... Some screen shots here
- CSVview Displays csv files, allows search, definable views, possible lightweight replacement for Portabase... Screen shots
- zKnights chess game.
- Moinmoin Wiki Requires python... more info here
- Driver that will allow SD cards > 1GB to be used... See df -h output.
- BestCrypt    -    Jetico offers BestCrypt encryption software that allows you to create encrypted container files that can contain your files... You can then backup, move or copy, etc. the encrypted container... BestCrypt allows you to choose between various algorithms including: Rijndael (AES), GOST 28147-89, Blowfish, or Twofish. If you put your container on your CF you can access it via the Z and your desktop (Windows or Linux). More info here
© SNi 07/16/06