Additional "Must Have" Software - BestCrypt
- First download bcrypt-1.6_4.tar.gz compiled by sidmoraes,from the OESF thead. Also download and install libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2_1-2.95.4-16_arm.ipk. Alternatively download the BestCrypt source for Linux from Jetico and compile your own...
- Run the bcrypt script, which will load the required kernel modules. You can view them via the lsmod command. The script is also used to unload the modules when you want to unmount the encrypted volume (see below):
- Create a new container (e.g. see below) and then format it... Get the commands from Jetico's online help
- Create a mountpoint and then mount the encrypted container to that mountpoint e.g. in the example below a vfat-formatted encrypted container named a.jbc located on a CF is mounted to a mountpoint on a SD card.
- When done, unmount the encrypted filesystem and unload the modules
Keeping your container on your CF allows you to access your encrypted container as needed on your Z and desktop...
© SNi 04/22/06