Sharp Zaurus SL-Cx "Must Have" Software
The following are software packages that I consider are "must have" applications and utilities that help make the SL-C700 a serious machine:
See screenshots of these programs here.
- IQNotes:   Great piece of software, go here for a review with many screenshots.   v2 is now out and is $20 and worth it. Now good for the SL-C7xx, see here for some SL-C700 pics. Also available from others are tools to convert IQNotes' xml files to html files - IQN2HTML and IqHtml
- FindIt:    Nice to have this or a file manager to search for files e.g. tkcExplorer
- InforManager    "a unique and innovative item organizer that provides access to all your data from one central location. Urgent and current items are placed right on the start page, and other items are easily located with an item explorer."
- QPdf    a PDF viewer. Even better is QPDF2
- tkcEditor or a similar editor...
- Portabase:    A nice database program. Also has a Windows version, so you can view your Portabase files on your desktop... Other database programs are Kgrok, Hsqldb, MySql, PicoSql, etc.
- SafeDee:    A database to store passwords, PINs, and other sensitive information. You can specify which categories get encrypted (uses Blowfish).
- Opie-Reader   - read Plucker documents on your SL-C700. Use JPluckX to download and convert web sites on your desktop, then transfer them to your handheld for reading.   Great program, see more pictures here...
- A fun "program" - Fish.
- Dr Z Video Player or tkcVideo. Dr.Z will play mpeg4, tkcVideo will play mpeg1, mpeg2, mpeg4, and avi files.
- StageOne!   Hierarchical list manager, with checkboxes and notes, ability to export to html, etc. Not free, but certainly worth the price!. See pictures here
- ELOG - versatile electronic logbook software.
Additional Sharp Zaurus SL-Cx "Must Have" Software
© SNi 12/08/04